Saturday, April 24, 2010

Bye bye (for now) Middle East.....

So here we sit, checked in and waiting to board our flight back to the
states. It feels like the right time to be returning home. Cairo is
quite a city. As like all big cities it has it's charms and it's
faults. But in general we were plesantly surprised as we had heard
plenty of horror stories. We were very thankful to hang out with some
local ex-pats last nite that we were introduced to via our Mendocino
network (thanks Nile and James).
We both leave this trip with a much deeper and sincere understanding
of this, at times troubled region. I know I will never be able to
watch, read, or hear another news story from any of these countries in
the same way as I once did.
As we depart, we have much to be thankful for including our health and
overall safe and pleasant travels. On a much deeper level I am
reminded of how thankful I am for all that I have been blessed with in
this life including my family, my friends, my lovely partner and (even
though I often speak of it in less kind terms) to be lucky enoegh to
have been one of the global few to be born and live in the United
States. All it takes is a few weeks in a such a region or really any
developing country(s), to renew one's appreciation for the little
things we all to often take for granted.
PS. I plan to upload a few more pictures to the blog and maybe add one
more quick post upon our return home. Thanks to any and all who shared
in this blog. It was a good exercise for me as I hope maybe it was for
you.
Thanks, and Happy Travels......... -CB


Sent from my iPod

No comments:

Post a Comment